Sunday, August 19, 2007

Birthday pool sleep over party

The older one wanted a sleep over pool party for her birthday. On my weekend with the girls. Hmm...just one problem--I don't have a pool. Their mom and her husband do, so maybe she'd host it. What, she's going up north for the weekend to shop property, and won't be home? How's that supposed to work?

It's weird, the twists and turns and downright uncommon directions that life goes sometimes. Yes, I spent the weekend hosting a teenager pool party sleep over at my ex-wife's house, while she was gone. Not that I really had that much to "do" during the party; after all, how much would that group of people want the old man around, really, eh? Okay, so I did take a few minutes a few times to take pictures. And let's not forget ordering and paying for the pizza.

I didn't even open the computer the whole time I was there. "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince"; I'd started for a couple hours a party just a couple weeks back, and then never really got a chance to continue. Well, this weekend allowed me the distractionless time to polish off the remaining 500+ pages!

That was the up side. I worked on garb, but got far enough along on their pants to find that the pattern I used sucks. Royally. I'm debating starting over, but there's only a week left until the event; I'm not sure I could pull it off.

Ah well, the weekend had nothing to do with work, and that was a good thing.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Martin works as an Application Developer and Technical Lead at a large manufacturing company in the Phoenix valley. In that role, he writes and maintains a quality application that checks the quality of the materials used in the manufacturing process. He has a variety of programming skills in various web, batch processing, and database languages. He has been developing computer applications professionally at five companies since graduating with his Bachelor's in Computer Information Systems from DeVry in 1985. He has additional professional interests. He participates in a variety of safety teams as an office ergonomics assessor, emergency response team leader, and safety communications. He also teaches classes about agile thinking and database unit testing. Outside of work, he occasionally teaches and performs as a middle eastern drummer, lift weights, and spends time with his wife and two daughters. He's an avid supporter of the U.S. Bill of Rights 2nd Amendment, a National Rifle Association (NRA) life member, certified NRA instructor for five NRA classes, shooting range life member, Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) member and volunteer, and runs 2nd Amendment Shop, L.L.C.