Monday, August 20, 2007

Definitely a Monday

Oh, I'm draggin'-ass tired hurtin' today. It *feels* like Monday, all right. And it's by my own doing. You'd think, after all these years, I'd have learned my limitations. But NOOOOooo!
  • There is a *limit* to the number of days I can stay up late. I knew before the weekend got here that I'd be up late on Saturday because of the sleepover. But, Friday night, I stayed up watching "Night at the Museum" with Darryl and the girls. And then on Sunday night I stayed up watching "High School Musical 2" with the girls. Not a problem, except that I have a DVR, and it was *recording*--I didn't need to watch it then!
  • I eat junk for energy when I'm tired. Birthday party. Cake. And I have a sweet tooth. I didn't pig out on it, but I didn't stay away from it like I should have. On top of the wiped out tired, I'm feeling the effects of eating junk. I had been makin' pretty good progress, according to the new (accurate) scale. Until this morning.
  • I get sucked into books. I don't like the direction the newer Harry Potter books have been going, and number six definitely went down that path. But I couldn't put it down, I'm so driven to finish what I start.
  • I beat myself up when I don't accomplish enough things over the weekend. Okay, so I got a *lot* done by Saturday morning so that I could be ready for the party, and that went well. But, I pretty much wasted the rest of the weekend on the book, and so at the end of the weekend, I look around, and I don't like what I see. And I needed to--the garb for the girls needs to be done this coming weekend. I should have spent time on it, not reading, when I've got a time-based deadline.
  • I hate it when my fabric patterns turn out sucky. I listened to someone who only knows their patterns so-so, and the girls' pants ended up not fitting well at all. Given that I don't really have that much time to sew, I truly despise it when I put so much work into something and it doesn't work. That the girls will outgrow most of what I make for them, it adds to the frustration. Why can't I find someone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to making stuff!?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Martin works as an Application Developer and Technical Lead at a large manufacturing company in the Phoenix valley. In that role, he writes and maintains a quality application that checks the quality of the materials used in the manufacturing process. He has a variety of programming skills in various web, batch processing, and database languages. He has been developing computer applications professionally at five companies since graduating with his Bachelor's in Computer Information Systems from DeVry in 1985. He has additional professional interests. He participates in a variety of safety teams as an office ergonomics assessor, emergency response team leader, and safety communications. He also teaches classes about agile thinking and database unit testing. Outside of work, he occasionally teaches and performs as a middle eastern drummer, lift weights, and spends time with his wife and two daughters. He's an avid supporter of the U.S. Bill of Rights 2nd Amendment, a National Rifle Association (NRA) life member, certified NRA instructor for five NRA classes, shooting range life member, Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) member and volunteer, and runs 2nd Amendment Shop, L.L.C.