Monday, June 22, 2009

New Lighting

The lighting in the main part of the house has been an eclectic mix of stuff, ranging from some lamps that were given to me by a friend to fixtures selected by the ex-wife. All of it has been insufficient for this house. Let's see--I've been in the house for what...fifteen years now!?

Since she moved in, Sabrina has been wanting to replace the lighting. Her apartment had a south-south-west facing view, and so she was very used to the sunlight. The main living area of my house, quite differently, faces north, and there are many fewer windows, those are smaller, and I put up floor to ceiling drapes. The relative darkness has been bugging her for just over a year.

Well, we fixed that this last weekend. New fixtures. New lamps. Even the kids got new ones for their rooms. Okay, so it was more money than I wanted to spend on Father's Day, but it sure does make the day memorable!

I broke my own guideline. Since wrapping up so many projects outside work, I told myself I wasn't going to do anything else that got in the way of me sewing my outfit for the wedding. Well, at least I didn't give myself a project that would last; I got everything installed (except the one we had to order) installed yesterday.

Okay, so there is one small thing. The law of unintended consequences came into play. The light switch now has 570 Watts running through it--I need a more robust one. But, that's a quick fix!

Here are some of the things we got:

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Martin works as an Application Developer and Technical Lead at a large manufacturing company in the Phoenix valley. In that role, he writes and maintains a quality application that checks the quality of the materials used in the manufacturing process. He has a variety of programming skills in various web, batch processing, and database languages. He has been developing computer applications professionally at five companies since graduating with his Bachelor's in Computer Information Systems from DeVry in 1985. He has additional professional interests. He participates in a variety of safety teams as an office ergonomics assessor, emergency response team leader, and safety communications. He also teaches classes about agile thinking and database unit testing. Outside of work, he occasionally teaches and performs as a middle eastern drummer, lift weights, and spends time with his wife and two daughters. He's an avid supporter of the U.S. Bill of Rights 2nd Amendment, a National Rifle Association (NRA) life member, certified NRA instructor for five NRA classes, shooting range life member, Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) member and volunteer, and runs 2nd Amendment Shop, L.L.C.